8th Day Of Guide Dog Class

It was back to the old routine this morning. No sleeping in at all lol. Not that there is when you have a doggy wondering around and around your bed waiting for you to get up! I was woken by a big waggy tale lol. As soon as I got up, Ushi’s tail was wagging away!!!

Breakfast was again at 8 o’clock, and I had cornflakes and orange juice as usual.

I felt unusually tired this morning. I think it was just everything just catching up to me.

I wasn’t needed again this morning until about 11 o’clock, but I always popped in just to say hi. While we were waiting for everyone to arrive, I mentioned that Ushi still hadn’t actually lay on her bed. My instructor went and got her bed from my room, and really coaxed her up onto it, just to see if she would lie on it for a while, at least. She was talking in a really really silly voice and all lol. Eventually Ushi did lie on her bed, which was good.

I was going to do some obedience when the instructors left, but went back to my room and just lay on my bed. I figured that if i was freshened up, that would be more benificial than doing obedience with her. I didn’t actually sleep, but just lay and listened to the radio. It felt much better when I got up.

I had to eventually get up though, as it was nearly 11 o’clock. I set the alarm for about 10 minutes before I had to get up, just in case the instructors came early. It had started raining a bit when I went out to the spending run though.

We just did more of the same, with some “T junctions” and just rounded kerbs and that. It was good, although right in the middle of the walk, it bucketed down. It was a right pain in the bum.

Ushi didn’t really like it either, as it took her longer to sit, and at one point she had a massive pee in the middle of the pavement lol. I think she was holding it in all the time since it was raining. The instructor just said that you just keep going, and not to make too much of a deal of it. After all, I had given her the opportunity to spend before we left, so she shouldn’t have gone really. I suppose when you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go!

We headed for lunch after that. I got changed first though, as it felt like I had wet myself, as it rained that hard. As i was leaving my room, however, I forgot all my cards for my room and the lounge, so after lunch I had to go and get a new card lol.

I had a lovely veggie soup, which really warmed me up.

After lunch, I stopped off at reception to get a new card for my room.

It was still really pelting down when we all got back to the lounge, so we had a choice of going out again for another walk, or staying in and going through the paperwork. We chose the latter option lol. One of the instructors went to the pet shop for us to get us some bowls for feeding and water. We just were borrowing the bowls that they had given us last week though just for the hotel. We just stayed while the other instructor went through the “guide dog owner agreement” which is the contract we will sign once we qualify. We went through each section to make sure that we understood it. By this point, the other instructor had returned with two bowls for each of us, along with a little squeaky toy to attract the dogs attention with. We would never leave this with the dogs, as they could take the squeaker out. I got a big stainless steel food bowl, as well as a small water bowl, which is really easy to transport! I also got a little squeaky elephant lol.

The third client left at about half 2. By about 3 o’clock, it had brightened up a bit, so we decided to go for a walk. We went into a slightly busier area today. They wanted to test our following and how the dogs and us would cope with people. We also learnt how to “find a crossing” and how to accept sighted assistance with a guide dog.

Again, it was quite a good walk. I jokingly said that it wasn’t complicated enough!!! The instructors just said that there was loads of obsticles, and that you won’t have to turn all the time when you are alone walking, and that most routes will only have a couple of turns. I was thinking that because we had learnt the turns, we would have did them loads on a busy route, but they said that you wouldn’t.

I’m so glad it decided to brighten up!

It was back to the hotel for us, where we chilled until evening spending as usual.

We went down for dinner at about 6 o’clock, as usual. I decided to be wild and daring, and have something different for dinner. I had chicken in a honey chili sauce, with egg noodles. It was surprisingly nice! Of course I had a glass of the old orrange juice too. I really enjoyed the company as usual.

We just went up to the lounge after that just to chill and chat really.

After that, we just went to bed. It was rather an early night, I think for both of us. The rain really takes it out of you!!!

Oh, and I used Ushi’s new bowls, and she had no bother with them, which was good. I didn’t think she would, though.

2 Comments on “8th Day Of Guide Dog Class”

  1. Carin says:

    Good, I'm not the only one who was tired at the beginning of week 2.

  2. Ro says:

    Ah, the exhaustion and the just laying on the bed. Yep. I was there, loads of times haha!!

I'd love to hear from you, so comment away! (I won't tollerate spammers though)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s