A Busy Few Days!

Woof to everyone. It’s me Ushi. I haven’t been on here for a long time! Silly mum didn’t take the hint of me sitting beside her looking at her computer as a sign that I wanted to type. God she is a crazy person sometimes. I heard her say that people would find it boring if I wrote, but who would find me boring!

Let me tell you all though, i’ve had a busy few days! I was going to write this post on Tuesday, but silly blogger wouldn’t keep mum logged in so she could let me type. Did she tell it to do that? Anyway….

It all started on Friday I think it was. Mum decided to take me up to her brothers school with her dad and her sister. She says she never took me up before since I was so hyper around children, but she thought she would this time. (Can you blame me for being hyper around children? I would never hurt them, but they sound so happy and bouncey and they would play with me and and and and i’m getting carried away). Anyway mum and her sister walked me up from the house to meet her dad. I was only walking on my lead but my harness was on.

We got to where we go past to go to the human doctor if mum needs to go, (I’ve never seen her go, and she says she doesn’t go that often), when mum heard a man talking. Well there was a little dog standing there beside it’s owner and it moved quickly and it scared me a bit. I hid behind mums dads legs as he was guiding mum at the time. Mum was really worried why i did it, but i have tried to explain that it was just that it moved quickly. She wasn’t convinced and said that that was me submitting or something. Well she thinks i was. I was just startled that’s all. (She says that she can’t even be blamed since she didn’t know there was a dog there). Mum is still nervous about other dogs coming up to me, and usually has a wee panick, but she thought that the man was just talking so she didn’t panick. The man was nice and stopped though to make sure we were okay which we were thankfully.

When we got about halfway up to the school, I just couldn’t contain my excitement and started to pull a bit. (I do this too when i’m going to a new place but didn’t do it too much to start with). It wasn’t a strong pull, but the more I pulled into my collar, mum had to grip tighter, and then she said i started to sound really like an asmatic lol i was panting that hard. So she stopped me a couple of times and corrected me, then, horror of horrors, she got the halty thing out of her pocket! Not the Halty! I told her i was a good girl and didn’t need it, but on it went. I tried to play “find the head” but that didn’t work. (I swish my head to make it harder for mum to put it on). Anyway she got it on and i just walked nicely. I didn’t even wag my tail that much just to show mum I was huffing.

We didn’t go into the school gates, but waited outside. I sat down at mums feet with the halty thing on, and looked all depressed so that the kids would feel sorry for me, but that didn’t happen. One kid even had the nerve to call me a sack! I mean the cheek! They were like “I thought that was a sack”. Of course mum laughed, but I didn’t see the funny side!

Mum and everyone else had yummy smelling things called chocolate, but i couldn’t have any. But then she took the halty off me and I walked home all nice and calm only wagging my tail more so that mum knew I was happy. I didn’t want it on again though. It’s really not that bad, but i can’t pull on it.

I had a big sleep for the rest of the day lol since I was so tired after the long walk.

On Saturday mum took me to a cattle show. I think she has already written about it, but I’ll tell you what happened. We were in a big tent thing, and there were tractor things around us, and sheep and cows and all that sort of stuff. Unfortunately it was a horrible wet day, and while mum got to sit on nice comfy chairs, I had to sit on the wet ground. Mum says she didn’t bring anything for me to lie on since it was so wet and she didn’t know we were on concrete.

Lots of people told me how gorgious I was, but I knew that already! Every time the sheep went Bah, I didn’t know what it was lol. A little girl blew bubbles at me too and i just staired at her.

But the best part of it was when my friend came with her Della dog. Della is a guide dog like me too, but we both didn’t have our harnesses on so we played for a little bit. Mums friend then sat between us, so we had to sniff instead. I just sat there after that.

On Monday we went to meet mums friend in town. They chatted for ages and ages but i got to lie under the table. On the way out though I was a bit naughty. I didn’t go the right way, and then some men were working going home coming out of the shopping centre. Then I was naughty and didn’t find my propper crossing lol. I found the Marks and Spencers one, but that was the wrong one. Mum then wouldn’t let me guide for a bit cause she was a bit lost then she held on to someone. They told me I was a good dog so I liked that.

On Tuesday we went on the train things. We were going to a place called Derry. We first of all went up to the station, but silly mum forgot her purse. We then went around town, then went home, then I chilled then we went on the trains for real this time.

I just slept on the train, but there was this point where I woke up and was trembling. Mum says that it was at a place called Castle Rock and you have to drive pritty near the sea to get through it. When we got to the next stop I was grand though. I think it worried mum a bit.

Well the Derry place was really weird. It was all hills and stuff. We walked and walked and walked loads. I even got a sleep in when we went to this place where mums sister was getting a Peercing. I think that is what it’s called anyway. I didn’t care cause I could sleep!

On the way home back to the train station we walked across a bridge with a river. Mum thought I wouldn’t like it, but there was a big railing thing protecting me. There were these metal speed bump things on the bridge though and I didn’t like walking over them! So I did a wee bounce over them lol.

I did unfortunately need a busy then. We were nearly at some grass where mum was going to spend me, but I stopped and really dug my heels in. Mum thought that it was just me being me since she wasn’t holding onto my harness, but then I stopped again and couldn’t hold it. I did go every other time mum gave me an opportunity, but all that walking got things moving. She had let me go a couple hours before, but I just got caught short. At least it was outside I suppose. I still feel bad when it happens. It hasn’t happened since the time we went on the beach though so i suppose that’s good.

I didn’t tremble on the train home which mum was glad about.

On Wednesday we had a fundraising meeting. Mum was going to walk me down to it but there were road works still, so a lady took me and her. Mum has started putting my halty on now when we get out of cars since I pull for a bit when I get out of a car. She says it’s not fair on the person guiding her and it’s annoying for her. I’m usually allowed it off once we get into where we are going though so that’s good.

Well I saw Della dog again, but she was the other side of the table so we couldn’t say Hi, and then I saw mums other friends dog called Marcel. He was quite a bit older than me and Della, so he wasn’t as bouncey as us lol. I tried to go over to him, but Mum stopped me. So I just lay down then.

Yesterday Mum took me for a big big long walk out to a supermarket called Sainsburies. She didn’t know the route but mums sister was with us. She directed mum to where we were going on the way down, and she says I worked well for us both not knowing where we were going. Mum sometimes stopped when she wasn’t sure where we were going though.

Mum and her sister then met their dad again at Sainsburies. I got a drink of water first, then we were ready to go.

At one point I wanted to go down where the clothes live in the supermarket, but mum wasn’t going that way.

When we were going back home mum didn’t work me but just kept holding onto her dads arm. Normally when mum is giving me a drink, she will stop, and go over to a seat to do it. I saw a seat at one point and pulled mum over to it as I really needed a drink! Mum says it’s good that I let her know that I needed one, and thinks that I associated the seat with getting the drink.

Today I haven’t worked yet. I think I need a chilled out day after all the walking i’ve done! Mum is waiting until it cools down a bit I think.

I’ve gotta go here. I need a scratch and a sleep!

One Comment on “A Busy Few Days!”

  1. Jen says:

    Waw, someones been very busy!I bet it was exciting going to all those new places.

I'd love to hear from you, so comment away! (I won't tollerate spammers though)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s